What to Expect
What To Expect At First Choice
- First and foremost you must have a picture ID to test.
- CHILDREN (ages 10 or younger) ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE URINE TESTING AREA & MUST BE ACCOMPANIED AT ALL TIMES.
- When you arrive at First Choice, you check yourself in by signing a Collection Protocol Form.
- We pride ourselves on getting your test administered quickly and in most cases it will take 15 minutes or less to complete testing. Our busiest times tend to be 11am to 1:30pm, so your expected wait time could be longer during those hours.
- Our most common form of testing is urinalysis, please come prepared to void 45ml (approx. 2 ounces) when you arrive.
- No food or drink is allowed in the office and if you cannot void you are restricted to 8 ounces of water every 30 minutes so please come well hydrated and ready to void. You must also attempt to void before we can administer your first bottle of water.
- If you’re not ready to void we recommend you do not enter the clinic and check in but rather find sources of hydration first until you are ready to void as once you enter and check in the testing process is considered started and leaving the clinic (for any reason) without providing a specimen is considered a refusal to test and has the same consequences as a positive (test result where illicit drugs are
detected) test result.
- If you arrive after 4pm to our clinic you should be ready to void and it must be a specimen our collectors will accept.
- We close promptly at 5pm, and if you are unable to produce a specimen our collector will accept by 5pm you may be subject to paying after hours fees.
For Other Frequently Asked Questions Visit Our FAQ Page